How to become a vendor

Vendor (FARMER) Qualifications

Market rules and regulations are mediated and enforced by an Interim Management Committee composed of members and representatives from the PACE Farmers Market committee and the Thomasville Farmers Market Association (TFMA). Vendor applications will be first processed through the Cooperative Extension agent and the Market Manager. 

  1. The Thomasville Farmers Market is limited to certified growers who live within Davidson County or the counties of Davie, Forsyth, Guilford, Montgomery, Randolph or Rowan counties. 

  2. All vendors must be certified by the County Extension Agent that they grow 100% of what they offer for sale with two exceptions:

    Exception 1: A vendor may be the authorized agent of another member farm in the Thomasville Market counties. In this case the vendor must label items so the customer will know what the vendor grew and what the other farm(s) provided. While a vendor may be the authorized agent for more than one other grower, the vendor may sell produce from only one other member farm at a time.

    Exception 2: A vendor may sell an NC Grown item if it is not available in the Thomasville Market counties, with advence approval by the market manager and the Davidson County Extension Agent.

  3. All farms must be certified by the County Extension Agent at least once every three years, and updated at least annually if items grown change. The market manager or County Extension Agent may inspect the farm of any market member during the season at any time to verify a crop's origin.

  4. Each vendor must sign a paper certifying that he/she has received, read, and will abide by the market rules. The agreement also designates an authorized agent, if applicable.

CRAFTs & Goods Vendor Qualifications

Crafts should be hand-made and related to farm, food or rural living. Food products such as baked goods, preserves, pickles, relishes, jams and jellies must be made by the seller in a certified kitchen.  To certify your kitchen, please contact the Davidson Cooperative Extension. 

Effective 1/28/14, market vendors selling tangible property (goods & crafts) at special markets, flea markets, fairs, festivals must register with the NC Department of Revenue and are required to collect and remit sales tax.  Sales tax can be either be included in the price of the item, or added to the price of the item at sale.  Vendors can remit their sales tax collection either quarterly or monthly directly to the NC Department of Revenue.

Become a Craft or Food Vendor

Products That Can Be Sold Are:

  • Vegetables grown from seeds, sets, or seedlings

  • Fruits, nuts, or berries grown on land owned or leased by the seller

  • Plants grown by the seller from seed, seedling, transplant or cutting

  • Bulbs propagated by the seller

  • Eggs produced from the seller’s hens

  • Meats from animals raised by the seller

  • Honey produced from the seller’s bees

  • Cut or dried flowers grown by the seller

  • Firewood cut by the seller

  • Straw baled by the seller

  • Preserves, pickles, relishes, jams and jellies made by the seller in a certified kitchen

  • Baked goods baked by the seller in a certified kitchen

  • Beverages (e.g. coffee, herbal teas, sodas, lemonade) sold in recyclable cans or biodegradable cups

  • Crafts should be hand-made and related to farm, food or rural living

  • Other products approved by the Interim Management Committee

All products produced under certification such as organic, licensed meat, poultry, or dairy products or products requiring inspection, such as baked goods or preserves, must display certification or license and have a copy on file with the market manager.



  1. Annual membership dues are $15.00/year

  2. Daily Vendor Fee is $5 for each stall used for TFMA (Thomasville Farmers Market Association) members

  3. Daily Vendor Fee for non-members, including churches holding bake sales, is $10 for one stall

  4. Daily Vendor Fee for non profit organizations wishing to sell produce such as excess sweet corn is $20 for one stall.

  5. Optional annual stall fee for members is $100 for the season (Saturdays and Tuesdays).

How Do I Apply for a Certificate Number?

The Department's online business registration allows you to electronically register for an account ID number for Income Tax Withholding, Sales and Use Tax, instead of submitting the Form NC-BR.  There are two ways to register:

  • All taxpayers required to register for any of these taxes can use the online business registration system to obtain their tax number. Using this system allows us to process your application more accurately and efficiently. For most applicants, the account ID number will be issued instantly.ONLINE BUSINESS REGISTRATION

  • Download the application at APPLICATION FOR INCOME TAX WITHOLDING DOWNLOAD (mail it to P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0100)

  • Questions regarding the certificate number should be directed to the NC Department of Revenue at 1-877-252-3052.